Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering (ECE)
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
Jingwen Tong received the B.E. degree in electrical engineering from China Jiliang University, Hangzhou, China, in 2015, the M.S. degree in electrical engineering from Ningbo University, Ningbo, China, in 2018, and the Ph.D. degree from the Department of Informatics and Communication Engineering, Xiamen University, Xiamen, China. From 2019 to 2020, he was a Visiting Ph.D. Student with the University of Houston, Houston, USA. Currently, he is a Post-Doctoral Fellow with the Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering (ECE), The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST). His main research interests include multi-armed bandit (MAB), optimization, game theory, and resource allocation in wireless communications. CV
- 2022.08-Now, Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Supervisor: Prof. Jun Zhang;
- 2019.10-2020.11, Visiting Ph.D., Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Houston. Supervisor: Prof. Zhu Han;
- 2018.09-2022.06, Ph.D. Degree, Department of Informatics and Communication Engineering, Xiamen University. Supervisor: Prof. Liqun Fu;
- 2015.09-2018.06, M.Phil. Degree, Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Ningbo University. Supervisor: Prof. Min Jin.
- 2011.09-2015.06, B.E. Degree, Communication Engineering, China Jiliang University.
- [09/2023] We successfully held the 6G wireless summit in Hong Kong Shangri-La Hotel on Sept. 13-14. More details please see “IEEE Hong Kong 6G Wireless Summit (IEEE HK6GWS 2023)”.
- [07/2023] A paper titled “Federated Online Restless Bandits: A Thompson Sampling-Enabled Whittle Index Algorithm” has been submitted for possible journal publication.
- [07/2023] One of our papers titled “Geo-perturbation for task allocation in 3D mobile crowdsourcing: an A3C-based Approach” has been accepted by the IEEE Internet of Things Journal.
- [06/2023] We are going to hold a 6G wireless summit in Hong Kong on Sept. 13-14 titled “IEEE Hong Kong 6G Wireless Summit (IEEE HK6GWS 2023)”. Welcome!
- [05/2023] A paper titled “Geo-perturbation for task allocation in 3D mobile crowdsourcing: an A3C-based Approach” has been submitted to possible journal publication.
- [04/2023] I received the Reviewer Certificate from IET Communications for my review contributions to the journal. PDF
- [03/2023] I was invited to serve on the technical program committee for Globecom 2023 CRAEN (Cognitive Radio and AI-Enabled Networks Symposium).
- [03/2023] We published an article in WeChat public account about ChatGPT meets Wireless. Article, Slide
- [02/2023] One of our papers titled “Model-based Thompson sampling for frequency and rate selection in underwater acoustic communications” has been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications.
- [01/2023] A paper titled “From learning to analytics: Improving model efficacy with goal-directed client selection” has been submitted for possible journal publication.
- [10/2022] A paper titled “Online resource allocation for user experience improvement in mobile edge clouds” has been submitted for possible journal publication.
- [09/2022] We successfully held a conference workshop with Huawei on Sept. 15-16 titled “Huawei-HKUST Joint Workshop on Theory for Future Wireless”.
- [09/2022] I established a new homepage powered by Github Page based on the theme of mmistakes/minimal-mistakes.
- [06/2022] I received the Ph.D. degree from Xiamen University, supervised by Profs. Liqun Fu and Zhu Han. Thesis
- [03/2022] I received the Post-doctoral Fellowship in Dept. of ECE from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Supervised by Prof. Jun Zhang.
- J. Tong, L. Fu, Y. Wang, and Z. Han, “Model-Based Thompson Sampling for Frequency and Rate Selection in Underwater Acoustic Communications,” in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. DoI: 10.1109/TWC.2023.3247450.
- J. Tong, L. Fu, and Z. Han, “Age-of-Information Oriented Scheduling for Multi-Channel IoT Systems with Correlated Sources,” in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, doi: 10.1109/TWC.2022.3179305.
- J. Tong, H. Zhang, L. Fu, A. Leshem, and Z. Han, “Two-Stage Resource Allocation in Reconfigurable Intelligent Surface Assisted Hybrid Networks via Multi-player Bandits,” in IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 70, no. 5, pp. 3526-3541, May 2022, doi: 10.1109/TCOMM.2022.3161679. PDF
- J. Tong, L. Fu, and Z. Han, “Throughput Enhancement of Full-Duplex CSMA Networks Using Multiplayer Bandits,” in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 8, no. 15, pp. 11807-11821, 1 Aug.1, 2021, doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2021.3068182. PDF
- J. Tong, M. Jin, Q. Guo, and Y. Li, “Cooperative Spectrum Sensing: A Blind and Soft Fusion Detector,” in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 2726-2737, April 2018, doi: 10.1109/TWC.2018.2801833. PDF
- J. Tong, M. Jin, Q. Guo, and L. Qu, “Energy Detection Under Interference Power Uncertainty,” in IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 1887-1890, Aug. 2017, doi: 10.1109/LCOMM.2017.2705025. PDF
- Z. Chen, J. Tong, L. Fu, and Z. Han, “Over-the-Air Computing Aided Federated Learning and Analytics via Belief Propagation Based Stochastic Bandits,” ICC 2022 - IEEE International Conference on Communications, 2022, pp. 2804-2809, doi: 10.1109/ICC45855.2022.9839106.
- J. Tong, S. Lai, L. Fu, and Z. Han, “Optimal Frequency and Rate Selection Using Unimodal Objective Based Thompson Sampling Algorithm,” ICC 2020 - 2020 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2020, pp. 1-7, doi: 10.1109/ICC40277.2020.9148988.
- J. Tong, L. Fu, and Z. Han, “Throughput Enhancement of Full-Duplex CSMA Networks via Adversarial Multi-Player Multi-Armed Bandit,” 2019 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 2019, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/GLOBECOM38437.2019.9013810.
- 岳蕾, 赖舒悦, 童景文, 付立群. 一种提升水声通信链路平均吞吐量的方法[P]. 福建省：CN111431628B,2021-07-06.
- 付立群, 童景文, 岳蕾. 一种利用MAB提升全双工CSMA网络吞吐量的方法[P]. 福建省：CN110233762B,2021-03-09.
- 童景文, 金明, 姚俊腾. 针对时间同步且不存在频偏情况下的OFDM信号频谱感知方法[P]. 浙江省：CN107196720B,2020-08-14.
- 姚俊腾, 金明, 童景文. 针对时间同步且存在频偏情况下的OFDM信号频谱感知方法[P]. 浙江省：CN107465473B,2020-07-03.
- 童景文, 金明. 一种基于软融合策略的盲协作频谱感知方法[P]. 浙江省：CN107770778B,2020-01-21.
- 付彩梅, 李有明, 童景文, 余明宸, 周桂莉. 一种基于比特交换的多用户电力线通信系统资源分配方法[P]. 浙江省：CN105656612B,2018-06-26.
- 童景文, 金明. 一种基于贝叶斯准则和能量检测法的频谱感知方法[P]. 浙江：CN106788817A,2017-05-31.